A little over a year ago we had a guest speaker attend our Wellness Workshop. His name was John Bagnuelo. (not sure I spelled it correctly.) He said (in a nutshell) don't drink milk or use other animal proteins in your diet, and get plenty or sunshine on your skin and eyes--don't use sunblock. The crowd gasped and he became my hero! I always hated milk and loved the sunshine and felt guilty about both. Not any more! I also just found this article today--here is a just a bit of it:
By MARILYNN MARCHIONE - AP Medical Writer
Breast cancer patients with low levels of vitamin D were much more likely to die of the disease or have it spread than patients getting enough of the nutrient, a study found _ adding to evidence the "sunshine vitamin" has anti-cancer benefits. The results are sure to renew arguments about whether a little more sunshine is a good thing.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment